(Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin
, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Provides a self-guided tour booklet (Good Life Guide) to guests, which focuses on energy systems, food, nature, and livelihood
- o Authored, promote and distribute ECOpreneuring: Putting Purpose and the Planet before Profits (on how to operate a green business).
- Converted an old granary/corn crib into a passive and active solar heated straw bale greenhouse
- The Inn and organic farm are powered by 100% renewable energy
- By adding a photovoltaic system, The Inn is a net producer of electricity
- The Inn uses a solar oven for baking breads and cooking appetizers for guests
- Uses an electric car for local commuting
- Rehabilitated degraded land by completing Timber Stand Improvement (TSI) on one acre at Inn Serendipity Woods; property carefully reviewed by USDA NRCS forester.