October Preview: Wisconsin Art & Culture
Last Updated: 12/31/2013
Wisconsin sure has the market cornered when it comes to arts, culture, and entertainment. Fall is a great time to explore the scene. From opera companies to world-renowned orchestras, one-of a kind architecture to intimate theater performances, circle your calendars and make some plans to attend one of the new exhibits or performances this month.
- Lombardi – Peninsula Players Theatre – Fish Creek (through October 14) The legendary Packers coach is re-imagined in this popular play. Catch an intimate performance.
- Moonlight and Magnolias – St. Croix Off Broadway – Hudson (through October 27) Take a fun, farcical look behind the birth of one of the most beloved films of all time.
- Leo Villareal – Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (through December 30) See light- and computer-based installations by the New York artist.
- About Seeing – Trout Museum of Art – Appleton (through December 30) Different ways of exploring light, line and form in painting and sculpture.
- Folk Art – Oshkosh Public Museum (through Spring 2013) Pieces dating from the turn of the 20th century in the museum’s collection.
- Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough: The Treasures of Kenwood House, London – Milwaukee Art Museum (October 12-Jan 13) Impressionist masterpieces, many showing in the U.S. for the first time.
- Luna Negra Dance Theater – Whitewater (November 7) Energetic performances from a troupe of contemporary Latino choreographers.
- Jersey Boys – Overture Center for the Arts – Madison (November 7-25) The Broadway fave about Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons hits Madison.
What Wisconsin shows or exhibits are you excited to see this month? This season? Tell us in a comment below!This entry was posted in Arts and Culture