Wisconsin Art Tours, Gallery Walks and Open Studios
Last Updated: 6/28/2013
Art is everywhere you look – street murals, sidewalks, and of course, galleries and museums. And while it’s easy to take advantage of beautiful and thought-provoking views, we don’t always have the chance to talk with the creators. That’s why gallery walks and studio tours are a fun way to embrace Wisconsin’s artistic community, chat with the artist, and maybe even pick up a new piece for your wall.
Whether you’re into watercolor landscapes or contemporary sculpture, you’ll find Wisconsin has plenty of seasonal tours, gallery walks and open-studio events to indulge in. Here are a few to check out this fall:
- September 7 & 8 Delafield Fall Art Walk – Delafield
- September 21: Art on the Town – Appleton (third Friday of the month)
- September 27 – October 16: Madison Area Open Art Studios – Madison
- September 28 Bay View Gallery Night – Milwaukee
- October 6: Oshkosh Gallery Walk – Oshkosh (first Saturday of the month)
- October 6 & 7: Shawano Country Miles of Art – Shawano
Looking for something more? Turn your studio crawl into a road trip! Take advantage of canvas-ready fall foliage and Wisconsin’s scenic roads with the Hidden Studios Art Tour in Central Wisconsin (October 5-7) or the New Art Studio Tour (October 12-14) in the northeast region; or cruise through the Chippewa Valley on the Fresh Art Fall Tour. For more events, check out our guide to fall art tours in September and October.
Enjoy!This entry was posted in Arts and Culture and tagged Attractions