Step One: Create a Trip
Once you login you can create a new trip or edit existing trips. Set your trip name, description, privacy and dates before you begin.
Step Two: Add Items
Add items from our Places to Stay, Things to Do, Dining and Events sections to your trip by clicking the Add to Trip icon throughout the site or from within the Trip Planner.
Step Three: Print and Share
Print details of your trip and share your trip with friends on your favorite social network or via email.
Fan Favorites: Wisconsin’s Best Breweries
Last Updated: 2/23/2013
Wisconsin has earned its stripes when it comes to beer. We’re home to over 70 active breweries. From kingpins like Miller and Leinenkugel, to smaller crafters like New Glarus and Lakefront, we have a brewery for every taste.
With fall in the air (and Oktoberfest on the way), we asked our Facebook community to share their favorite Wisconsin breweries. Check out their suggestions, grab a few friends, and get busy organizing your own brewery tour.
- Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee – Cheri R. Head to the Lakefront Brewery Palm Garden on a Friday night for polka music, dancing and a fish fry with all the fixin’s. Their flagship beer, Riverwest Stein, is a fan favorite and their gluten free beer, New Grist, has been racking up awards.
- Capital Brewery in Middleton – Paula S. Explore and learn about the brewing process, indulge in samples and take home a commemorative glass. That’s not all! Biking buffs, join the Capital Brewery Bike Club on Tuesdays and Thursdays to ride with fellow beer lovers!
- Sand Creek Brewing in Black River Falls – Kim B. Stop by for free tours at 3 p.m. every Friday, May through September, to learn about the brewery’s history, which dates back to 1856. Get a taste of something new and try the Cranberry Special Ale or Sand Creek’s Hard Lemonade.
- Tyranena Brewing Company in Lake Mills – David G. Relax with a pint and live music on the weekends. Their outdoor Beer Garden draws a crowd in the summer, and their Tasting Room is the perfect place to cozy up come wintertime.
- New Glarus Brewing Company – Catherine K. This quaint brewery sits on the outskirts of New Glarus and humbly produces the best-selling draft beer in the state: Spotted Cow. New Glarus Brewing Co. beers are only available in Wisconsin and we think they’re worth the trip! Other notable brews include Wisconsin Belgian Red which features over a pound of Door County cherries in every bottle and Fat Squirrel, a 100% Wisconsin malt.
For a list of more Wisconsin craft breweries, take a peek at this Wisconsin Brewer’s Guild guide. Here are a few more fan favorites we couldn’t leave out:
- Angry Minnow Restaurant and Brewery in Hayward – Connie F.
- Grumpy Troll Brewery in Mount Horeb – Mary E.
- South Shore Brewery in Ashland – Lois C.
- Vintage Brewing Company in Madison – Wendy K.
- Minocqua Brewing Company – Lori T.
- Rail House Brewing Company in Marinette – Melanie S.
- Brewery Creek Brew Pub in Mineral Point – Mike C.
- The Great Dane Pub and Brewing Company in Madison – Kraig K.
Raise a glass to Wisconsin’s great craft breweries! What did we miss? Tell us with a comment below.This entry was posted in Food Tours