Wisconsin Seasonal Beers: Your Summertime Six-Pack
Last Updated: 4/7/2016
Wisconsin breweries have fun in the summer, experimenting with seasonal, refreshing flavors to concoct creative combinations. We’ve gathered some tasting notes on this season’s craft beer. Be sure to enjoy them while you can or even stock up since these limited addition beers are only available for the summer.
Minhas Craft Brewery – Monroe
Solstice Wit Summer (Witbier) – “Wit” or white beers date back thousands of years to Northern Europe. Complex, hazy, dry, yet creamy – white beers are delicious. The Solstice Wit Summer is no exception, brewed with the traditional mix of super pale 6-row malt and unmalted wheat oats. Exotic Asian citrus (Calamansi), coriander and a dash of hops render a light, unfiltered summer favorite.
- Brewery tours are offered Monday at 11 a.m.; Tuesday-Thursday at 1 p.m.; and Friday-Sunday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Lake House (American Pale Lager) – A slightly malty and lightly hopped lager, this is the perfect beer to quench your thirst on a warm summer’s day and it's great for tailgating, picnics and backyard barbeques.
- Brewery tour dates and times vary, so we recommend making a reservation in advance.
Hinterland Door County Cherry Wheat (Fruit Beer) – This gorgeous medium-light body beer pours to a golden, orange hue with a slightly pink-tinted head. The delicate cherry aroma balances well with the soft wheat scent. All flavors combine nicely to end in a mildly tart Montmorency cherry finish.
- Brewery tours are offered Saturday at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Reservations are recommended.
Summer Shandy (Fruit Beer) – This crisp, refreshing beer based on the traditional German “radler” has become a much-anticipated seasonal stunner throughout Wisconsin. Brewed with all-natural lemonade flavor, it’s sweet, crisp and perfect for any outdoor occasion.
- Brewery Tours: Monday – Thursday and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Friday 9:30 a.m. -6:30 p.m., Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tours are every half-hour. Reservations recommended.
Totally Naked (Pale Lager) – This mellow, pure and crisp beer has nothing to hide. It’s made with Wisconsin barley malt and imported Noble Hop varieties from the Czech Republic and Germany. These flavors meld together to create a delicate, golden, unadorned brew delivering a fine, mature aroma with no bitterness.
- Daily self-guided brewery tours and tastings run 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
What’s the most refreshing seasonal summer beer you’ve ever tried? Share your story along with what new brew you’re looking forward to trying this summer.This entry was posted in Breweries