Tapas Restaurants in Wisconsin – Sample All
Last Updated: 6/11/2013
If you’ve always wanted to go to a restaurant and try everything on the menu, you can’t get better than a tapas restaurant. These eateries focus on small portions and international food, meaning you can sample a number of dishes without breaking the bank. Here are a few spots to get you started.
La Merenda – Milwaukee
- Price: $5-$10
- Cuisine: International
- Tips: Come in Mondays for half-price bottles of wine at lunch or dinner. Make sure to try tapas from a variety of countries, including England, Korea, Spain and Italy.
4 Sisters Wine Bar & Tapas – La Crosse
- Price: $5-$10
- Cuisine: Varied, with a focus on Spanish, French and Mediterranean
- Tips: While lunch and dinner is served, you can also pick from the In-Between menu from 2-4:30pm. Try the Midwest Platter and tide yourself over for dinner with some dry Italian meats and cheeses.
The Icon – Madison
- Price: $5-$15
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Tips: Start your meal by selecting a wine from 100 different varieties on the wine wall. End it with a cinnamon apple empanada or traditional Spanish flan.
Margaux Bistro & Wine Bar – Sheboygan
- Price: $5-$10 for small plates, $15-$30 for entrees
- Cuisine: International with French and Asian influences
- Tips: If you’ve got a special occasion coming up, purchase a chef’s table for $200. Tables cater to a variety of party options. Or, visit at brunch with the kids. Margaux’s kid-friendly menu is only $6 at brunch.
Tapas are great because they can accommodate any social gathering. Combine a couple small plates to make a meal for one or two, or share a wide array of dishes with a group. Tapas restaurants might downsize on portions, but they upsize on taste.This entry was posted in Dining