Step One: Create a Trip
Once you login you can create a new trip or edit existing trips. Set your trip name, description, privacy and dates before you begin.
Step Two: Add Items
Add items from our Places to Stay, Things to Do, Dining and Events sections to your trip by clicking the Add to Trip icon throughout the site or from within the Trip Planner.
Step Three: Print and Share
Print details of your trip and share your trip with friends on your favorite social network or via email.
13 Frighteningly Fun Halloween Haunts
Last Updated: 10/10/2013
We’ve rounded up our top 13 picks for Halloween fun, all around Wisconsin. With events lined up throughout the month, and activities to appeal to all ages, you can celebrate Halloween over and over again…if you dare…
- Cassville: Stonefield’s Safe & Spooky Halloween – Fun for young and old in a re-created 1900s rural village. October 18, 2013. 3pm-8pm. Stonefield is Travel Green Wisconsin Certified.
- Chilton: Halloween Candlelight Cave Tour – Take a fun tour with costumed guides at Ledge View Nature Center. October 18 & 19, 2013. 6pm-8:30pm.
- Fish Creek: Jack O’Lantern Days – Enjoy a parade, Ghost Tour trolley rides, parties, and more as the whole town gets into the Halloween spirit. October 25-27, 2013.
- Green Bay: Halloween at Heritage Hill – Kids can trick-or-treat through 13 historic buildings. October 18, 19, 20 & 26, 2013. 5pm-8pm
- Hudson: Willow River State Park Halloween Bash – Enjoy crafts, games, storytelling, and snacks. October 26, 2013. 5:30pm-7:30pm.
- Madison: Halloween at the Zoo – A community trick-or-treat at Henry Vilas Zoo. October 27, 2013. 10am-4pm.
- Minocqua: Zoo Boo – A non-scary celebration at Wildwood Wildlife Park. October 12, 2013. 1pm-5pm.
- Montello: Montello Lions Haunted Hayride – The ride includes 20 scary presentations and “Pumpkin Hollow,” with over 500 jack-o’-lanterns. October 19, 2013. Dusk-9pm.
- Mount Pleasant: Skeleton Skamper – Sport your costume for this half marathon or 5k run/walk and after-party. October 26, 2013. Half-marathon 8am, 5k 8:15am.
- Mauston: Haunted Halloween at the Red Ridge Ranch Riding Stable – A variety of day and evening activities including pumpkin painting, mazes, hayrides, wagon rides, and campfires. September 21-October 31, 2013. Day activities 10am-5pm. Evening activities Fridays and Saturdays, 6pm-10pm.
- North Freedom: Mid-Continent Railway Pumpkin Special – Ride the train to the Quartzite Lake Pumpkin Patch, and bring a pumpkin on the return trip. October 19 & 20, 2013. 10am, 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm & 4pm.
- Shell Lake: Haunted Schoolhouse – Experience the fright of a haunted high school at Shell Lake Arts Center. October 18, 19, 25 & 26, 2013. 6pm-8pm (less scary), 8pm-10pm (terrifying!)
- Trego: Halloween Family Extravaganza – Festive fun at the Heartwood Conference Center & Retreat includes haunted trail rides, pumpkin painting, a hay maze, and a bounce house. Weekends, October 18-27, 2013. Fridays & Saturdays 6pm-10pm. Sundays 12pm-6pm. Heartwood Conference Center & Retreat is Travel Green Wisconsin Certified.
…and that’s not all. Are you ready to be really, really scared? There are ghosts and ghouls a plenty in Wisconsin’s haunted houses. Get the spook scoop here.This entry was posted in Seasonal