Berry Picking in Wisconsin: The Crop is Early!
Last Updated: 6/28/2013
What better way to spend a warm afternoon than picking fresh berries for cooking and snacking? Gather up some friends and loved ones and spend a relaxing day picking a few pints of those oh-so-sweet, oh-so-healthy little fruits.
Due to unseasonably warm weather this spring, the strawberry crop is early, so be sure to plan your trip soon! Your best bet is to call ahead for daily picking updates. Blueberries are typically available in July, which happens to be National Blueberry Month, and raspberries are tastiest mid-July into August.
There are plenty of places to pick your own berries in Wisconsin. Here are a few to check out:
- Rush River U-Pick Blueberries in Maiden Rock
- Lakeview Berry Farm in Mosinee
- Rocky Acres Berry Farm in Bayfield
- Barthel Fruit Farm in Mequon
- Roehrborn's Berry Patch in Marshfield
- Bures Berry Patch, Inc. in Barneveld
- Kirschbaum's Strawberry Acres, LLC in Beaver Dam
For more berry picking locations around Wisconsin, recipes and more, be sure to visit the Wisconsin Berry Growers Association. Pretty sweet, eh?This entry was posted in Things to Do