The Great Lakes Mitten Campaign
Last Updated: 12/31/2013
There sure has been a lot of excitement surrounding our Wisconsin-shaped mitten. So we’re having fun with it… for a good cause!
After all, Wisconsin and Michigan have a shared enemy: the cold of Midwest winters. So, we’re teaming up with our friends at Pure Michigan to collect mittens for those in need. We encourage everyone in both states to shake hands and come together for this great cause.
To donate in Wisconsin, head on down to one of the many Welcome Centers, participating Chamber of Commerce, or Convention and Visitors Bureaus through January 15th 2012, to donate new or gently used mittens. All mittens will be donated to local charities.
Participating mitten drop off sites include:
- Beloit Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center
- Kenosha Area Visitor Information Center
- La Crosse Area Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center
- Marinette Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center
- Platteville Area Chamber of Commerce & Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center
- Prairie du Chien Regional Tourism Center
- Superior-Douglas County Welcome Center
Don’t see one in your area? Check out this complete listing or call your local Chamber of Commerce or Convention and Visitors Bureau.This entry was posted in Winter and tagged Attractions