The Wisconsin Rapids Area is home to some of the largest cranberry marshes in the country. For nearly fifty miles, the Cranberry Highway winds through century-old cranberry beds from Wisconsin Rapids to Warrens and from Pittsville to Nekoosa. Tours of Glacial Lake Cranberries are offered year-round. Eight miles north of Wisconsin Rapids in Rudolph, Carr Valley Cheese Co. offers a look at another classic Wisconsin enterprise, cheese making. Rudolph is also the home of an intriguing chapter in Wisconsin folk art – the Rudolph Grotto Gardens and Wonder Cave.
Whether you bicycle, hike, ATV, snowmobile or ski, excellent trails connect the area’s well-kept parks. These recreational assets, coupled with excellent historic districts and family-friendly events, make this scenic stretch of the Wisconsin River a sure bet.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- Annual State Veterans Reunion Information Fair & Community Picnic
- Cranberry Blossom Festival
- Annual Wisconsin State Water Ski Show Championships
Fishing? You’ll catch the big one if you...
Winter, spring, summer, fall - you can fish them all right here in the Wisconsin Rapids area.
When the seasons change you may be surprised to find...
- Altenburg’s Pumpkin Patch Fall Fun on the Farm for the Whole Family!
- Annual Nekoosa GIANT Pumpkin Fest
- Cranberry Marsh Tours
- Annual Rekindle the Spirit
- Annual Holiday Parade