(Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin
, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Currently working with the DNR on pond improvement program and acting as the local contact for the public. Worked with the DNR on shoreline improvement as well.
- Site of numerous bike rallies
- Start/end location of bike tours
- Grow their own herbs on-site
- Business uses customer-provided fruits for its gelato flavors
- Purchase local and organic products, such as fruits, vegetables and fair trade coffee
- Re-used a water turbine to produce power, excess of 30-35,000 kW sold to Alliant
- Compressors for walk-ins located in mill to minimize heat and noise discharge into restaurant
- Restoration of three buildings on the National Register of Historic Places
- Host local civic meetings pro-bono
- Allow community access to grounds and shoreline