(Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin
, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Organic and local foods are purchased to support the local economy and environment.
- The Inn provides training and educational opportunities to engage employees in the actions and plans of the Travel Green Wisconsin program.
- Regular staff meetings are held to keep employees involved in the business’ environmental improvement progress.
- Staff is encouraged to uphold sustainable practices by including an evaluation of these practices in performance appraisals.
- Unoccupied rooms have thermostats set to 60 degrees in winter, 75 in summer
- The Inn chooses suppliers that are environmentally and socially responsible; suppliers that provide and take back reusable packaging materials and shipping products.
- Watering takes place in early morning or at night to avoid evaporation; soaker hoses or drip irrigation are also used.
- An integrated pest management system is used to reduce the need for toxic insecticides and pesticides.