(Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin
, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Local food products are purchased
- ENERGY STAR rated appliances and low flow fixtures are used
- Landscaping consists of native plants and is watered efficiently, while an integrated pest management system reduces the need for toxic pesticides
- A recycling program is in place for staff and customers
- Field guides, self-tour information, and information on the local community is provided