Downtown Madison Visitor Center
Downtown Madison Ambasadors provide maps, directions, and information on accommodations, shopping, dining, events, attractions and activities in downtown and greater Madison. Free local area, University of Wisconsin and statewide brochures. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Madison.
Hours of Operation
Hours vary by season: January through April: 11 am - 2 pm daily. May through September: Monday-Tuesday: 11am – 2pm; Wednesday-Friday: 11am – 5pm; Saturday: 9am – 5pm; Sunday: 11am – 4pm. October through December: Monday-Tuesday: 11am – 2pm; Wednesday – Sunday: 11am – 5pm.
- Department of Tourism Pubs
- Key Statewide Association Pubs
- Local Area Pubs
- Non-Profit Tourism Organization
Type of Center
- Local Information Center
- At Gateway Entry Point or On/Near a Major Highway
- Brochures Displayed in Racks
- Serve General Public
- Staff Assists With Local Area Travel Planning
- Open a Minimum of 5 Days a Week During Peak Travel Season
Places To Stay: Near Downtown Madison Visitor Center