Wausau/Central Wisconsin Visitor Center
The place to go for answers to your questions on directions, activities, accommodations, events, and attractions in the Wausau Area, Marathon County, and the State of Wisconsin. Free wireless internet access and free local area and statewide brochures, state maps, directories and destination guides. Our friendly staff is available to help you from 9am to 5pm daily. This full service visitor center has a small gift shop, refreshments, public bathrooms and is within walking distance of the Wausau Center Shopping Mall, the Wisconsin River, and picnic areas. 15 minute parking available in front of the Visitor Center as well as free 2 hour parking.
Hours of Operation
The Visitor Center is open and fully staffed 7 days a week throughout the year from 9am - 5pm.
From the intersection of Highway 51 and Exit 192, take Stewart Avenue/Highway 52 east two miles into downtown Wausau. Stay in the left lane. After crossing the Wisconsin River turn left at the lights onto First Street. Take the next right onto Jefferson Street. We are located at 219 Jefferson Street between Second Street and Third Street.
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
Type of Center
- Local Information Center
- Welcome Center
- Serve General Public
- Staff Assists With Wide Variety of Statewide Travel Planning
- Staff Assists With Local Area Travel Planning
- Brochures Displayed in Racks
- Department of Tourism Pubs
- Key Statewide Association Pubs
- Variety of Pubs from Key Statewide Destinations
- Local Area Pubs
- Open a Minimum of 5 Days a Week During Peak Travel Season
- Open Weekend Hours During Peak Travel Season
- Non-Profit Tourism Organization