Three Lakes is a cozy community on the south end of 28 interconnected lakes – the largest chain of inland freshwater lakes in the world. Here, anglers find some of the finest musky, walleye and trout fishing in the Northwoods. Three Lakes is also on the western edge of the spectacular 650,000-acre Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest offering scenic bicycling, hiking, camping, and hunting.
You'll know you're here when...
The traffic lights are nowhere in sight and the beauty of your surroundings take your breath away. Three Lakes is a "Jewel" in the northwoods of Wisconsin - small town charm along with the world's largest inland chain of lakes. Get ready for a great time on the water exploring, fishing, swimming and soaking in the view. There are accommodations to suit every need and fun and friendly local restaurants and shops that will add to your list of places to go.
Find fun here...
- Three Lakes Winery offering cranberry and other fruit wines.
- In the fall, visit the local cranberry bogs.
- The Petroleum Museum is another "don't miss it" place to visit featuring over 3,000 nostalgic items from the past history of oil companies.
- The Three Lakes Historical Museum with historic cabins on property will take you on a journey of Three Lakes and the Northwoods past.
- TNT Speedway is open every weekend in the summer for action-packed stockcar racing.
- Our very own Aqua Devils put on a water ski show two times a week all summer long.
Classic scenic drive.
A trip down Highway 32 will wind you through our chain of lakes and into the Nicolet Forest where you can explore several walking trails, picnic areas, and more lakes. Military Road in the Nicolet is of major historical importance to the Nicolet Forest, and it is still a popular Forest route.
Don't leave without tasting...
- The Bondadonk at our local ice cream shop Lick-A-Dee-Splitz.
- Walleye cheeks and the best Bloody Mary in town at Bonnie's Lakeside.
- Shrimp any way you like them at The Bistro at Oneida Village Inn.
- Take the challenge at Kirby's Pine Isle "The Giant Pine" - finish in 45 minutes to get your photo on the Wall-O-Fame.
- A hearty breakfast at Sunset Grill.
- Test your stamina with Inferno Wings at Jake's Bar & Grill.
- In the mood for a pizza? Try Black Forest Pub & Grille.
- Authentic corned beef and cabbage is served everyday at Irish Waters Pub and Grill.
- Best coffee in town is served at Deja Brew.
- Craving for a Chicago dog? Try Snappy's.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- Lion's Ice Fishing Derby as well as Vintage Oval Races & Radar Run
- Happy Camper 5K Trail Run
- Weekly Concerts in the Park
- Petroleum Museum Car Show
- Wheel-A-Way Bike Tour
- Festival of Lights