Step One: Create a Trip
Once you login you can create a new trip or edit existing trips. Set your trip name, description, privacy and dates before you begin.
Step Two: Add Items
Add items from our Places to Stay, Things to Do, Dining and Events sections to your trip by clicking the Add to Trip icon throughout the site or from within the Trip Planner.
Step Three: Print and Share
Print details of your trip and share your trip with friends on your favorite social network or via email.
Manitowish Waters is known for great vacations and tasty cranberries. Tours of the bogs are offered during the fall harvest. The North Lakeland Discovery Center here offers seasonal outdoor adventures in canoeing, bird watching, woodland botany & biology, and 20km of hiking, biking, and cross country skiing. For that “up north” experience, campgrounds, cabins, and supper clubs welcome visitors to enjoy the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
Only have one day to play here?
- The North Lakeland Discovery Center is a place where people can come to connect to the natural world. They offer regular nature-based programming as well as 12 miles of trails and a variety of seasonal drop-in activities. The location is beautifully remote, surrounded by water and forests, yet accessible to visitors. Most activities are free of charge.
- You'll want to make sure you visit Koller Memorial Park and have your photo taken with the 12' fish that overlooks Rest Lake.
- Shopping, dining and recreation opportunities abound throughout town. Please stop by the Chamber for a detailed listing of all the activities in the area.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- Manitowish Waters Independence Day Celebration - Craft Fair, Parade, Fireworks
- Manito Art League Art Show
- Annual "Midsummer in the Northwoods" Bluegrass Festival - Cozy Cove
- Marvel in Manitowish Waters - Low or No Cost Activities for the whole family throughout the town. Ice skating, snowshoeing, sleigh rides and much more!
Mark these ongoing events on your calendar:
- Music in the Park
- Lion's Bingo
- Lion's Club Flea, Craft & Farmer's Market at the Community Center
- Skiing Skeeters Water Ski Show
- Cranberry Marsh Tours beginning at the Community Center
Top photo opportunity is...
Koller Park's 12 foot fish with Rest Lake in the background
Explore your Artistic side...
There's great natural beauty in the Northwoods that inspires many artists who make their homes and studios in our area. Visitors are offered opportunities to enjoy and participate in this creative bounty on a regular basis. Manito Art League & Your Arts Program offers many programs and workshops, plus visitors are welcome to join the Outdoor Artists every Thursday morning June through August to "create" together. Just bring your sketchbook, camera or painting materials and join in the free fun.