At Hudson, the St. Croix River broadens and its waters serve as a sparkling backdrop to one of the loveliest towns on the river. Hudson is both a center for recreation with boating, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and biking available, and a historic site with picturesque Victorian houses and parks. The center of the town’s historic residential district is Octagon House, built in 1855 and now a museum. Area antique shops and downtown shopping are packaged with charming B&B accommodations.
Top photo opportunities are...
- View of the St. Croix River Valley from Birkmose and Prospect Parks
- The Trumpeter Swans in Lakefront Park in the winter
- Willow Falls at Willow River State Park
- Hot Air Balloons launching at the Hot Air Affair
- The St. Croix River from the Old Toll Bridge Road
Mark these events on your calendar:
- Hot Air Affair
- Gopher to Badger Run
- Spirit of the St. Croix Art Festival
- Take Me to the River
- Christmas Tour of Homes & Craft Sale
- Locust Street Car Show
Small town charm
Oh what Fun! - a quaint river town rich on natural beauty. Take a cruise on the St. Croix River, bike and hike the trails, explore Willow River State Park, attend the theatre and visit the art galleries, drive the Yellowstone Trail and enjoy our many local eateries and one-of-a-kind shops!
Must see attractions
- Tour the Octagon House and Museum
- Willow River State Park
- The Phipps Center for the Arts Theater, art galleries and classes
- Free Summer concerts in Lakefront Park
- Taste and Tour Hudson Brewing Company and 45th Parallel Distillery
- Locust Street Car Shows
When the seasons change you may be surprised to find...
The weather outside is delightful! Whatever the season, there is plenty of fun along the St. Croix River: boating, sailing, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, biking, hiking, snowshoeing, downhill and cross-country skiing, sledding, camping, dog sledding, bird watching, regattas, hunting...the great outdoors!