Step One: Create a Trip
Step Two: Add Items
Step Three: Print and Share
Located on Lake Michigan just north of the Illinois border, Kenosha’s crown jewel is its lakefront development, Harbor Park. This breathtaking parkland along the waterfront blends beautifully with the adjacent historic downtown featuring quaint shops, galleries, an outdoor market, and eateries – all linked by a vintage electric streetcar system.
The city’s lakefront museum campus includes the Kenosha Public Museum, Dinosaur Discovery Museum, Kenosha History Center, and the Civil War Museum. Completed in 2008, the Civil War Museum’s state-of-the-art exhibit technology examines the connections between the home front and the battlefront during the nation’s bloodiest conflict. Outlet shopping, great family festivals, charter fishing, and four historic districts round out the area’s many attractions.
Don’t leave without tasting…
- The fully loaded famous Garbage Plate at Franks Diner (featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives”).
- A Root Beer Whirl™ served from a genuine car hop at The Spot Drive-In.
- Kanelbulle, a Swedish pretzel-esque cinnamon pastry at Linnea Bakery
- One, two, or ten of the 300+ Wisconsin-made cheeses and sausages at Tim & Tom’s Cheeses.
Top photo opportunities using beautiful Lake Michigan as your backdrop is...
- The sun rising over the boats’ masts.
- Big waves rolling in.
- Sand castles you built on the beach.
- Tall ships in the harbor.
- The red Pierhead Lighthouse.
Mark these events on your calendar...
- gET bEHIND tHE aRTS Studio Tour
- Outta Sight Kite Flight
- Friends of the Museum Art Fair
- Kenosha Area Dragon Boat Festival
- Taste of Wisconsin™
- HarborPark Jazz & Blues Festival
Your child will always remember...
- Snow tubing at Wilmot Mountain.
- Riding the Electric Streetcar along Lake Michigan’s shore.
- The mammoths at the Kenosha Public Museum and dinos at the Dinosaur Discovery Museum.
- Taking the Jelly Belly Express through the sweet candy land called Jelly Belly Visitor Center.
You’ll know you’re here when...
- You see the tower of Harleys along Interstate-94 at Uke’s Harley-Davidson.
- You bow to the Queen of England at Bristol Renaissance Faire.
- You watch the boats lining Lake Michigan from atop the Southport Lighthouse.
3/28/2014 - 3/30/2014
4/25/2014 - 4/27/2014
Events: Near Kenosha