Step One: Create a Trip
Step Two: Add Items
Step Three: Print and Share
Don’t leave without tasting...
- Milwaukee’s specialty, frozen custard, from Kopp’s or Kehr’s in the Milwaukee Public Market.
- Squeaky Wisconsin cheese curds at the Wisconsin Cheese Mart or the Milwaukee Public Market.
- A traditional Friday night Fish Fry and live polka music and dancing at Lakefront Palm Garden in Lakefront Brewery.
- The Spy’s Demise – a super-secret drink crafted by a special agent at the Safe House.
- Milwaukee’s favorite combo – a “brat & a beer” – along Old World Third Street.
- Locally-brewed beer, from MillerCoors to popular microbreweries.
- Usinger’s sausage on Old World Third Street, a legend for over four generations!
- Sprecher Root Beer, ranked the best in the U.S. by the New York Times.
Mark these events on your calendar...
- Summerfest – rock out at the largest outdoor music festival in the world!
- Wisconsin State Fair – bring the family to one of the oldest and best state fairs in the country.
- Unleash your inner rebel at the Harley-Davidson Museum.
- Visit the magnificent lakefront Milwaukee Art Museum whose “wings” open to welcome all.
- Lie on a bed of nails, take a walk through the universe and pet the stingrays in the Aquarium at Discovery World.
- See the world's largest dinosaur skull in a colossal dinosaur diorama at the Milwaukee Public Museum.
- Take a ride on a safari train through the 200-acre Milwaukee County Zoo to see more than 2,000 animals in specialized habitats.
- Try your luck at Potawatomi Bingo Casino for the excitement of gaming along with dining options ranging from casual to upscale.
Find fun…at Milwaukee’s breweries:
Journey through more than 150 years of brewing history in the free tour of MillerCoors. where a hologram of Frederick Miller himself appears in historic, underground caves. Experience Milwaukee’s German heritage and a modern twist on old-world brewing tradition at Sprecher Brewing Company, or chill out in the laid-back atmosphere of the city’s newest micro-brewery at Milwaukee Brewing Company. Enjoy a cold brew upon arrival at Lakefront Brewery, along with quirky guides who serve up belly-busting laughs on what TripAdvisor.com ranks as the fourth best brewery tour in the nation.
- Discover the Historic Third Ward, formerly a warehouse and manufacturing district that now features the city’s highest concentration of art galleries, as well as theaters and a selection of exclusive boutiques, specialty stores, restaurants, nightlife and the Milwaukee Public Market.
- From the Third Ward stroll along the RiverWalk to Old World Third Street, where Milwaukee’s German heritage is brought to life. Mader’s restaurant, legendary Usinger’s Sausage, Wisconsin Cheese Mart and The Spice House provide a feast for all senses. Or grab a “brat & a beer” at a neighborhood pub.
Where the locals go in the summertime:
Head to Milwaukee’s lakefront for volleyball and Tiki drinks at Bradford Beach or just biking/running/walking along dedicated paths in the summer sun. The 75-acre Henry Maier Festival Park on Lake Michigan is home to some of the world’s largest festivals held all summer long! From the 11-day music extravaganza--Summerfest, to ethnic festivals including Polish Fest, German Fest, Irish Fest, Festa Italiana and Mexican Fiesta, Milwaukee’s outdoor festivals are where you’ll find locals dancing on the tables in the summertime!
Dining: Near Milwaukee