Step One: Create a Trip
Step Two: Add Items
Step Three: Print and Share
Don't leave without tasting...
- An authentic Danish kringle, a delicious pastry brought to Racine by Danish immigrants who settled here in the mid-19th century. Enjoy on at Bendtsen's Bakery, Larsen's Bakery, Lehmann's Bakery and O&H Danish Bakery.
- You'll also won't want to miss a burger at Kewpee Sandwich Shop, home-made ravioli at Salute and award-winning, thin-crust pizza at Wells Brothers Restaurant.
Top photo opportunities...
- Wind Point Lighthouse - this classic structure is the oldest and tallest working lighthouse on Lake Michigan.
- Racine's North Beach from the gazebo near Michigan Boulevard.
- Fortaleza Hall and the Golden Rondelle Theatre on the SC Johnson campus.
- Wingspread, a unique Prairie-style home in the Village of Wind Point designed by the legendary Frank Lloyd Wright for the H.F. Johnson family.
Mark these events on your calendar:
- The Color Run
- Spike 'n Splash at North Beach
- Waterford Balloon Festival
- Iron Man 70.3 Racine Triathlon
- The Biggest Loser Run/Walk
- Great Lake Brew Fest
- Party on the Pavement
- Skeleton Skamper
Only have one day to play here?
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast Downtown at Roberts Roost and then visit the Racine Art Museum with its renowned collection of contemporary crafts.
- Soak up some sun at North Beach, a Certified Blue Wave Clean Beach on Lake Michigan.
- Take a Lake Michigan fishing charter for Chinook and Coho salmon and rainbow, brown and lake trout.
- Shop at our specialty stores and galleries and grab a great meal at local spots like Ivanhoe, Salute, Yardarm, Corner House or the Summit.
Where the locals go...
- Music on the Monument and Waterford River Rhythms for free summer concerts.
- Kiwanis Pancake Day for all-you-eat pancakes.
- The Kilties Classic for drum and bugle corps competition.
- Racine Symphony Orchestra Summer Pops concerts.
- Ethnic festivals (Greek, Armenian, Serbian) for delicious, authentic food.
- Animal Crackers Concert Series for jazz at the Racine Zoo.
- The Yardarm and John's Dock for fish fry.
- The Racine Theatre Guild and Over Our Head Players (Sixth Street Theatre) for live entertainment.