Step One: Create a Trip
Step Two: Add Items
Step Three: Print and Share
Lake Geneva has been a resort community since just after the Civil War when wealthy Chicago families discovered the area and began building summer homes here. Today the elegant estates still ring the lake. Guests can tour the historic Black Point Mansion, view the mansions aboard any of the scheduled cruises or walk the famous 21-mile Shore Path surrounding the lake. The Lake Geneva area is filled with world class golf resorts, spectacular spas, charming B&Bs, boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, and historical sites making the area an ideal getaway destination.
Then Lake Geneva is the place for you, as it’s always been the place for romance. The spas are superb, the sunsets spectacular, and the dining is delectable.
Small town charm...
- Settled by wealthy Chicago families just after the Civil War, Lake Geneva has a small town feel with top notch amenities.
- Step back in time for a fun experience at the 1888 Black Point Estate, Yerkes Observatory, Old World Wisconsin, Ten Chimneys, Geneva Lake Museum, the 1885 Baker House and the East Troy Antique Electric Railroad.
- Explore the charming downtowns throughout the Lake Geneva area, made up of quaint stores and boutiques that dot the streets.
Explore your adventurous side...
- By land: Walk one or more segments of the 20+ mile famed Geneva Lake shore path, taking you through the front yards of historic mansions of the bygone era and the contemporary ones of this era. This is indeed a rare opportunity.
- By air: Nothing is quite as thrilling as flying through the trees on a zip line or over the trees in a vintage bi-plane or helicopter. Even more fun in the winter.
- By water: Whatever invites you to the water, year round, it doesn’t get any better than on the pristine, deep cool waters of Geneva Lake.
Must see attractions…
The many full-service luxury resorts are true year round destinations in themselves perfect for family memories, getaways for you and your significant other, the girls or the guys. Treat yourself to a golf marathon on the legendary golf courses, many of them designed by some of the biggest names in the game. Or relax and let someone else do the driving - Lake Geneva Cruise Line offers top notch boat tours that are as entertaining as they are informing.
Top photo opportunities are…
- Cruising the scenic shores of Geneva Lake from aboard a vintage boat of Lake Geneva Cruise Line.
- The historic Riviera Ballroom and fountain on the lake in downtown Lake Geneva.
- Driving the picturesque undulating and lush Snake Road on the north shore, taking you through the backyards of many of the turn-of-the century estates.
Want cultural enrichment...
Enjoy a variety of music venues from world-class performers, from Music by the Lake, to the U.S. Navy Band at the lakefront, to Country Thunder, and live musical productions at resorts and theatres throughout the area. There are also numerous of art galleries, art fairs and showings.