Step One: Create a Trip
Step Two: Add Items
Step Three: Print and Share
Classic steam paddle wheelers still ply the Mississippi’s waters at La Crosse, just a small part of this lovely city’s charm. Spreading from the edge of the river to the base of steep bluffs, La Crosse enjoys a glorious natural setting. The city’s Main Street ends at Grandad Bluff, which rises 570 feet above the city. The beautiful park atop the bluff offers a stunning view of three states: Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. Downtown, Riverside Park provides a perfect vantage point for watching river traffic and for boarding one of the two paddle wheelers that offer sightseeing cruises. Yacht cruises and eco-tours on the river are also available. Enjoy unique shops, entertainment, museums, galleries, and award-winning restaurants in the city’s historic downtown.
Top photo opportunities…
- See three states from the spectacular view from Grandad’s Bluff
- Historic downtown at night with the streetlamps lit
- Riverside Park lit with more than 2.5 million lights the month of December
- Eagles soaring over the Mississippi River
Must see attractions…
- Take a paddlewheel boat cruise and learn of the history of the Mississippi.
- Explore the Mississippi on a guided boat tour through the scenic backwaters and come within feet of the abundant plant and wildlife that surrounds our area.
Mark these events on your calendar…
- Bicycle Festival
- Rotary Holiday Lights
Classic Scenic Drive…
Hwy 35, Wisconsin’s Great River Road National Scenic Byway, winds between the majestic bluffs and the stunning Mississippi River through the beautiful La Crosse region.
Don’t leave without a tasting…
- A beer from Pearl Street Brewery
- A Talame Bun from Fazye’s Restaurant & Bakery
- A delicious salad bar lunch at Piggy’s Restaurant