(Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin
, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Service provided by Lake Express takes over 25,000 vehicles off the road annually.
- Waste aboard the vessel is pumped into an on-shore sewer system, so lake water is not affected.
- The vessel meets and/or exceeds all EPA regulations for air quality.
- Transport Michigan produce to Milwaukee co-ops and the organization Growing Power.
- Named 2010 Green Transportation program of the year by the Milwaukee Business Journal.
- A recycling program is in place.
- Lightbulbs have been replace with compact fluorescents.
- A public green space is maintained on site.