Superior-Douglas County Welcome Center
We are proud to be a partner of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism as an official Wisconsin Welcome Center. We offer free visitor and travel information for Superior, Douglas County and the state of Wisconsin. The Welcome Center is staffed for one-on-one travel advice on lodging, dining, shopping, attractions, recreation, events and more. There are also multiple self-serve display racks stocked with Wisconsin Department of Tourism publications and travel guides, brochures and maps from all areas of Wisconsin. Located near play area and paved walking trails overlooking the Superior Bay and Barker's Island. Operated by the Superior-Douglas County Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau.
Hours of Operation
Open May to Oct., Mon-Sat 9am-5pm, Sun Noon-5pm. Open November to April, Tues-Sat 9am-5pm. When Center is not staffed brochure racks with maps and a selection of Wisconsin travel guides are available at 205 Belknap Street.
Easy on/off highway access at Hwy. 2/53 jct. From Blatnik bridge/US Hwy 53 Bridge, exit right, follow Hwy 53 south (E. 2nd St. becomes Harbor View Pkwy) to lights at junction of Hwys 2 & 53 Visitor Center on the harbor side of the road. From Bong bridge follow US Hwy 2 (Belknap Street) to the lights at the US Hwy 2/53 jct (East Second Street/Harborview Parkway). Continue through the intersection and turn left on the frontage road which runs directly in front of the Center.
- On Water
- Disabled Access
- Department of Tourism Pubs
- Key Statewide Association Pubs
- Variety of Pubs from Key Statewide Destinations
- Local Area Pubs
- At Gateway Entry Point or On/Near a Major Highway
- Easily Accessible from Highway
- Serve General Public
- Staff Assists With Local Area Travel Planning
- Brochures Displayed in Racks
- Non-Profit Tourism Organization
- Open a Minimum of 5 Days a Week During Peak Travel Season
- Open Weekend Hours During Peak Travel Season
Type of Center
- Statewide Information Center
- Local Information Center
- Welcome Center