Mariah Haberman is one of the hosts of Discover Wisconsin, the nation’s longest-running travel TV show.
Calling all ladies! Take it from me: You and your gal pals are overdue for a fab weekend away together.
Here in Wisconsin, there are a zillion ways to make memories with your girlfriends. To get you started, here are just 25 ideas for a marvelous girls’ getaway.
1. Dance the night away during Music at Harry's Place, a summer concert series held at Riverside Park's Harry C. Moore Pavilion in Beloit.
2. Shop ‘til you drop in the Fox Cities, also known as Wisconsin's Shopping Place.
3. For a quaint, small-town feel, head to Neenah for Ultimate Ladies Day in April for a champagne breakfast, fashion show, pampering and shopping throughout historic downtown Neenah.
4. Take in a show at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center in downtown Appleton.
5. Indulge in relaxation at Grand Geneva's WELL Spa + Salon in Lake Geneva.
6. Get your hands dirty at Milaeger's in Racine for a container gardening class.
7. Test your luck and take in a show at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino in Milwaukee.
8. Experience a variety of creative talent at Spirit of the St. Croix Art Festival in Hudson this September.
9. Make jewelry art at Funky Hannah's Bead Camp, a two-day retreat held at Racine's historic DeKoven Center.
10. Challenge yourself at standup paddleboard (SUP) yoga with Adventure Outfitters in Waupaca.
11. Improve your culinary skills when you sign up for a class at Lake Geneva School of Cooking.
12. Head to Princeton to browse the eclectic Shops of Water Street.
13. Go sunnin’ at Big Bay Town Park's beach on Madeline Island and enjoy cocktails afterward at Tom’s Burned Down Café.
14. Enjoy vino at one of Wisconsin’s many wineries, including Wollersheim Winery in Prairie du Sac, Burr Oak Winery in New Lisbon or Door Peninsula Winery in Door County.
15. Sail Wisconsin’s deepest natural inland lake with Green Lake Sailing School.
16. Spin some clay at Kinnickinnic Clayworks in downtown River Falls.
17. Browse charming shops, visit wonderful wineries and witness gorgeous sunsets when you spend a weekend away in Door County.
18. Discover northeastern Wisconsin and the waterfall capital of the state in Marinette County.
19. Attend Summerfest—the world’s largest music festival—in Milwaukee.
20. Trek to Titletown, USA to tour the legendary Lambeau Field, take a segway tour on the Packers Heritage Trail, and watch the green and gold.
21. Channel your inner kid when you get wet ‘n’ wild at Wilderness Hotel and Golf Resort in Wisconsin Dells.
22. Hit up the capitol square in downtown Madison for interesting museums, amazing restaurants and the renowned Dane County Farmers’ Market.
23. Explore underwater shipwrecks in Lake Michigan off the coasts of Manitowoc and Two Rivers.
24. Hike the ridges and valleys of the stunningly beautiful Driftless Area in southwest Wisconsin.
25. Journey to central Wisconsin for a brewery tour in Stevens Point.
Share your girlfriend getaway photos on social media using #discoverwisconsin and stream our recent
Girlfriend Getaways episode on DiscoverWisconsin.com!
Mariah Haberman is the host of Discover Wisconsin, the nation's longest-running travel TV show. She hails from Evansville, where she was brought up in a family of seven in a small farmhouse outside of town. Some of her favorite memories include Lake Michigan fishing trips with her Dad, showing sheep at the Rock County Fair and buzzing around the farm on an ATV with her little brother. Tweet her: @MariahHaberman