We’d be lying if we said the silken sand and roaring tides of this beach won’t make you feel like a kid again. Kick back and recline beachside with your favorite canine. We recommend soaking up the magnificent shorelines, but if exploring nine miles of pet-friendly trails is more your style, you’re in the right place.
- Offers year-round park access from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Don’t forget to purchase a vehicle admission and trail pass at the main entrance.
Community Bark Dog Wash and Coffee Bar – Bayside and Bay View
Stop in and relax or bring in your pet for professional grooming. Everyone’s been barking about The Barker Lounge, a place to kick back and enjoy coffee, people treats (and doggie treats of course!) with the companionship of your pet.
- The lounge is open daily at 8 a.m.
- If you’re considering professional grooming services, book early because appointments fill up fast.
Located just off Highway 26 are open fields featuring four magnificent hound-havens to explore. There are two frolic-friendly fields for large dogs and two sweeping grasslands for smaller pups. Snag a stroll while the sun’s out—the park is only open during daylight hours.
- Be sure to purchase a daily permit at the park entrance to help support park operations.
Photographers, nature-lovers and birders will love this park. Hikers and bikers will too—especially the winding trails, wooded tracks and one of the largest bike trail loops in the area.
- The best part? Enjoy this 422-acre park at no cost.
- Shelter and play areas for the children are also available.
When adventure’s howling your name, remember these safe travel tips provided by The Humane Society of The United States:
- Dogs shouldn't roam in the car- The safest transport method for your pet is in a crate anchored by a seatbelt or other secure means.
- Ditch the front seat- The back seat is best. Deployed airbags pose risk for injury.
- Collars are key- Never let your pet roam without a collar, ID tag or leash.
- Don’t leave your pet alone- Cars gets hot—often over 115 degrees within an hour.
- Keep their heads inside the car- Pets can easily be harmed by passing debris.
Have more places to hang with your dog? Loop us in with a comment below.