Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Inn Serendipity Bed & Breakfast
Completely powered by 100 percent renewable energy, Inn Serendipity features "100 foot" breakfasts that showcase local, organic and seasonal vegetarian specialties freshly harvested from the farm gardens less than 100 feet away. Owners Lisa Kivirist and John Ivanko are authors of several books on sustainable living and green business. Complimentary farm tours introduce B&B guests to the wind turbine, solar panels, the strawbale greenhouse and organic growing fields. A visit to Inn Serendipity is more than a typical night's stay at a Bed & Breakfast. Featured in Newsweek, ABC News and USA Today, Inn Serendipity is a magical, creative environment where you can play, relax and explore.
Choose Your List(s)
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Provides a self-guided tour booklet (Good Life Guide) to guests, which focuses on energy systems, food, nature, and livelihood
- o Authored, promote and distribute ECOpreneuring: Putting Purpose and the Planet before Profits (on how to operate a green business).
- Converted an old granary/corn crib into a passive and active solar heated straw bale greenhouse
- The Inn and organic farm are powered by 100% renewable energy
- By adding a photovoltaic system, The Inn is a net producer of electricity
- The Inn uses a solar oven for baking breads and cooking appetizers for guests
- Uses an electric car for local commuting
- Rehabilitated degraded land by completing Timber Stand Improvement (TSI) on one acre at Inn Serendipity Woods; property carefully reviewed by USDA NRCS forester.