International Crane Foundation
Visit Cranes of the World at the International Crane Foundation in Baraboo, Wisconsin, the only place on the planet to see 15 species of cranes from around the world. Enjoy our newly renovated outdoor exhibits, and an all-new George Archibald Welcome Center with indoor views of our Sandhill Cranes and a world-class gift shop.
Our site is ADA accessible featuring beautiful photo opportunities, a picnic area, birding and hiking trails, paved paths, and free scooters and parking.
Cranes of the World is the gateway to our worldwide mission to save cranes and the places where cranes dance. Open May 1 through Oct. 31. More information available at www.savingcranes.org.
Choose Your List(s)
- On Water
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Solar energy provides 50-75% of the site’s hot water needs and close to 10% of its electrical needs.
- The Donnelley Education Center facilities features LED lighting, automatic faucets, and waterless urinals.
- Remodeling projects used wheatboard, no-VOC paint, reused lumber, and lumber from trees grown and harvested on-site.
- ICF’s Spirit of Africa exhibits feature numerous sustainable and environmentally friendly features including a recycled glass pathway and Trex (50% recycled wood/50% recycled pastic) benches.
- ICF is actively restoring native prairie, oak savanna, and two wetlands on the site.