Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
International Crane Foundation
The only place in the world where you can see all 15 species of cranes. Guided tours, multi-media presentation, amphitheater, and 100 acres of restored prairie. See whooping cranes - the rarest crane in the world.These beautiful and inspiring birds - some of the most ancient and endangered on earth - are set amidst acres of restored tall grass prairie, colorful wildflowers and tranquil wetlands. A must for nature enthusiasts of all ages as your visit supports ICF's wetland and grassland conservation efforts. ADA accessible trails, guided & self guided tours, new African crane exhibits, family activities, interpreted walking trails and gift shop.
Choose Your List(s)
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Solar energy provides 50-75% of the site’s hot water needs and close to 10% of its electrical needs.
- The Donnelley Education Center facilities features LED lighting, automatic faucets, and waterless urinals.
- Remodeling projects used wheatboard, no-VOC paint, reused lumber, and lumber from trees grown and harvested on-site.
- ICF’s Spirit of Africa exhibits feature numerous sustainable and environmentally friendly features including a recycled glass pathway and Trex (50% recycled wood/50% recycled pastic) benches.
- ICF is actively restoring native prairie, oak savanna, and two wetlands on the site.