International Crane Foundation
The only place in the world where you can see all 15 species of cranes. Guided tours, multi-media presentation, amphitheater, and 100 acres of restored prairie. See whooping cranes - the rarest crane in the world.These beautiful and inspiring birds - some of the most ancient and endangered on earth - are set amidst acres of restored tall grass prairie, colorful wildflowers and tranquil wetlands. A must for nature enthusiasts of all ages as your visit supports ICF's wetland and grassland conservation efforts. ADA accessible trails, guided & self guided tours, new African crane exhibits, family activities, interpreted walking trails and gift shop.
Choose Your List(s)
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Solar energy provides 50-75% of the site’s hot water needs and close to 10% of its electrical needs.
- The Donnelley Education Center facilities features LED lighting, automatic faucets, and waterless urinals.
- Remodeling projects used wheatboard, no-VOC paint, reused lumber, and lumber from trees grown and harvested on-site.
- ICF’s Spirit of Africa exhibits feature numerous sustainable and environmentally friendly features including a recycled glass pathway and Trex (50% recycled wood/50% recycled pastic) benches.
- ICF is actively restoring native prairie, oak savanna, and two wetlands on the site.