Kettle Moraine State Forest - Pike Lake
Powder Hill, a 1,350-foot glacial kame, offers panoramic views of the park's unique glacial topography. Part of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail. There are 2.5 miles of cross country ski trails groomed for both traditional and skate skiing. The groomed ski trails are east of Powder Hill Road. Use the Nature Trail Parking Area for cross-country ski trail access. Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Publicly Owned
- Dumping Station
- Camping Hook-ups
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Number of Campsites
- Trail Length (miles)
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- Showers and Flush Toilets
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Kettle Moraine State Forest Pike Lake Unit prevents the introduction and transportation of invasive species and educates their customers about invasive species management.
- Projects to rehabilitate degraded lands are in place and will focus on the restoration of their native prairies, forests, wetlands, and ecosystems.
- Contributes to the community's well-being by supporting and participating in activities year-round including campfire events, hikes, educational talks and interpretive activities.