(Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin
, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Keeps a water barrel on the roof outside to collect condensation from the air conditioner to water plants.
- Purchase local food products, such as vegetables; purchase fair trade products.
- Purchase products in bulk/concentrate.
- Use Energy Star qualified products, such as windows and appliances.
- Purchase and/or sell local crafts.
- Use recycled materials; minimize the use of plastic bags.