Rules and Eligibility
WISCONSIN DEPT. OF TOURISM – 2020 CRUISE THE COLORS GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES & ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENT – Travel Wisconsin’s Cruise the Colors Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
Promotion participants agree to be bound by the following rules:
1. PROMOTION PERIOD AND DEADLINE FOR ENTRY Travel Wisconsin’s Cruise the Colors Giveaway begins at 8:00:00 a.m. CDT on Monday, September 28, 2020 and all entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on Friday, October 16, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to begin the Promotion earlier than Monday, September 28, 2020 or end the Promotion earlier than Friday, October 16, 2020, or to extend the length of the Promotion in its sole discretion.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, excluding New York and Florida and where prohibited by law. Employees of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and Internet agencies (“Promotion Parties”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchases do not increase chances of winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Travel Wisconsin’s Cruise the Colors Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) will be hosted on a page on TravelWisconsin.com. During the Sweepstakes Period, the entrant must visit the TravelWisconsin.com link. The user must fill out the online form, following all on-screen instructions to enter the Sweepstakes. The online form includes, but is not necessarily limited to, entrant’s email address, name, and phone number. Entrants will be required to select the specific prize package they are entering to win and will be entered to win that specific prize, not all prize packages. Entrants will also have the option to check a box to opt-in to expressly consent to receive Travel Wisconsin’s Traveler e-mail newsletter. Entrants will also be required to check a box stating that they are a minimum of 18 years of age and have read and agree to these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Entries for the sweepstakes will be accepted from 8:00:00 a.m. CDT on Monday, September 28, 2020 and all entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on Friday, October 16, 2020. No other attempted method of entry will be accepted; entries may not be mailed.
Entries should not contain any defamatory, libelous, indecent, or obscene material, sexual content, inappropriate language, unsuitable behavior, or adult-oriented material. Any entry that, in the sole judgment of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, the Administrator, or their agents, violates the foregoing requirement will be automatically discarded and entrant will not be eligible to win.
Any Promotion entrant giving false or misleading information will be disqualified and any prizes won will be withdrawn. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, telephone numbers, and details of previously won prizes.
Limit one (1) entry per day, per email address. Valid email address required to participate. The name of the person submitting an entry must be the name of the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter, otherwise, entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address used during the submission process. A potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for attempted entries due to network outages, hardware, or other technical failures. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries. Neither Sponsor nor its Partner assume responsibility for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delays in operation or transmission, theft, destruction, alterations of, or unauthorized access to entries.
Upon submission, all entries become the property of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism. Submission of entries grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to edit, adapt, modify, copyright, publish, produce, market, and use the entries in whole or in part for any purpose and in any media, whether now known or hereafter developed, without limitation or notice, without attribution, compensation, royalties, or other consideration (except where prohibited by law), and constitutes the irrevocable assignment and transfer to the Sponsor of any and all right, title, and interest in and to such entries, including, without limitation, all copyrights and any renewals and extensions thereof. Upon the Sponsor’s request, if necessary, entrants will execute any documents necessary to effectuate such ownership and assignment or transfer. Entries cannot be revised or altered by the entrant once submitted and shall not be returned to entrants upon completion of the Promotion or at any other time irrespective of any such request by an entrant.
4. WINNER DRAWING: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be selected on the following dates.
Three (3) winners will be selected at random on or about Monday, October 19, 2020 from among all eligible entries received. Entries will be accepted from 8:00:00 a.m. CDT on Monday, September 28, 2020 and all entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on Friday, October 16, 2020.
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES: You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Potential winners will be first notified by email at the email address provided at time of entry. Potential winners must respond to the initial email with their intention to accept the prize within 72 hours from when the initial email was sent. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail address or communication problems. If a potential winner does not reply to the initial email within 72 hours, he/she will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among remaining eligible entries. Prize winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within five (5) days of attempted delivery of same. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the prize may be awarded in the name of winner’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein, and will be required to accompany such winner as his/her guest, as Sponsor determines at its sole discretion. Guests of winners may also be required to sign a liability release and, if legally permissible, a publicity release. If a guest is a minor, guest must be a child or legal ward of the winner. If a guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner must sign and return any required release on behalf of such child or legal ward if such release is required. Failure to return the executed Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability (and Publicity Release, if legally permissible) within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and random selection of alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries, time permitting. If Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner, or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies to use the winner's name, photo and/or likeness, and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional compensation or permission unless prohibited by law. Upon request by Sponsor, winner will provide written consent for such use.
If by reason of error, more prizes are claimed than were intended to be awarded, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the prize.
There is no cash alternative to the advertised prizes. No substitution or transfer of any prize by any Winner is permitted except by Sponsor at its discretion. Winner does not receive the right to select a prize.
1. Autumn Escape to the Northern Kettle Moraine - Estimated Value: $460
- Overnight stay at Hidden Serenity B&B in West Bend
- $80 dining voucher to the Fox and Hounds in Hubertus
- Kayak, SUP or Windsurfing on Fond du Lac Bay
- 2020 and 2021 Wisconsin State Parks admission sticker
2. Coastal Color on the Lake Superior Scenic Byway - Estimated Value: $460
- Overnight stay at The Bayfield Inn
- $75 dining voucher to Good Thyme Restaurant in Washburn
- Spot fall color on an Apostle Islands Cruise in Bayfield
- 2020 and 2021 Wisconsin State Parks admission sticker
3. Small Town Charm Along the Great River Road - Estimated Value: $430
- Overnight stay at The Historic Trempealeau Hotel
- $100 dining voucher to Digger’s Sting in La Crosse
- Enjoy a boating excursion with Sail Pepin
- 2020 and 2021 Wisconsin State Parks admission sticker
7. GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Promotion, each entrant, on behalf of himself/herself, and his/her executors and heirs, agrees (a) to be bound and abide by these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding and not open to appeal; (b) to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents, representatives, employees, suppliers, agencies, successors, assigns, licensors, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, and any prize-sponsoring agency (collectively, "Released Parties"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with or related to this Promotion, including, without limitation, from any and all causes of action, liabilities, suits, claims (including but not limited to, any third party claims that may be made against entrant or Sponsor, and claims arising out of or relating to acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, or any publicity or other public exposure of entrant, including without limitation, claims concerning infringement of entrant’s or any third party’s intellectual property rights or invasion of entrant's privacy or publicity rights, or defamation, or acts undertaken in preparation for, or participation in, the Promotion), cross-claims or counterclaims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages or demands of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, portrayal in a false light, or attorneys’ fees or costs) (collectively, "Claims"), WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF A RELEASED PARTY; (c) that he/she has no right to bring, and covenants not to bring, any claim, action, or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against the Released Parties; (d) to assume all risks, express or implied, associated with all Claims released above, including without limitation, all risks concerning entry into and participation in the Promotion; and (e) that NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE MADE OR MAKE OR ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATIVE TO THIS PROMOTION OR A PRIZE, AND ALL PRIZES ARE TENDERED TO ENTRANTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE OF ANY SWEEPSTAKES MATERIALS OR ANY PRIZE.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document, these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document shall prevail, govern, and control.
An entrant’s entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if he/she attempts to (a) enter the Promotion through any means other than described in these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document; or (b) disrupt the Promotion, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document, or in any way tamper with any component of the Promotion. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document, Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or cancel the Promotion, or any portion thereof, if it cannot be run as originally planned, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, or fraud; infection by computer virus; malicious software attacks, bugs, fraud, non-authorized human intervention; strike, lockout, or other labor dispute; national emergency, war (whether or not declared), terrorist attack, floods, accidents, epidemics, earthquakes, weather-related issues (including hurricanes, snowstorms and/or thunderstorms); or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to take whatever action it deems necessary or appropriate in connection with the administration of the Promotion. Notice of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension of the Promotion will be posted on the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, Travel Wisconsin Facebook page. Except where prohibited and subject to the releases and other provisions of these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document, each entrant: (1) agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state courts situated in the State of Wisconsin; (2) agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall include attorneys' fees associated with participation in the Promotion or any disputes arising from the same; (3) agrees that no indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
The Promotion and these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Additional Terms and Conditions, as dictated by the destinations participating in the Promotion, may apply.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: Winner is solely responsible for all expenses, costs, pick up and/or delivery and fees associated with acceptance of a prize. Each entrant shall cooperate with Sponsor with respect to any applicable federal, state, or local tax reporting requirements related to the prize or other consideration received by the entrant. Each entrant is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and any additional fees associated with prizes.
9. OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES: A copy of these Official Promotion Rules and Eligibility Document will be posted on TravelWisconsin.com and be available for at least 90 days after the close of the Sweepstakes.
10. SPONSORS: The Wisconsin Department of Tourism is the official destination marketing organization for the State of Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Department of Tourism's mission is to market the state as the Midwest's premier travel destination for fun. By executing industry-leading marketing programs, providing reliable travel information, and establishing strategic partnerships, the Wisconsin Department of Tourism plays a significant role in delivering exceptional customer service and generating greater economic impact and jobs for Wisconsin.
11. IDENTITY OF WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after December 1, 2020, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Travel Wisconsin Cruise the Colors Giveaway, Wisconsin Department of Tourism, 201 West Washington Avenue, PO Box 8690, Madison, WI 53708. Requests must be received by March 1, 2021
12. CONTACT: Please contact Linda Anderson at email@example.com