Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Iron County Historical Museum
Favorite 303 Iron St - Hurley, WI 54534
Three floors of intriguing, nostalgic, and educational exhibits - including logging, mining, farming, weaving, clothing, home furnishings, and an interesting library of books, pictures, and maps.
Choose Your List(s)
- History/Heritage Type
- Early Industry
- Wisconsin History
- State Historic Sign Site
Iron County Heritage Festival 7/31/2021 - 8/15/2021 Hurley - 0.13 miles away
Iron County Heritage Parade 7/31/2021 Hurley - 0.13 miles away
Paavo Nurmi Marathon 8/14/2021 Hurley - 0.13 miles away
Saturday Arts in Heritage Park 5/22/2021 Hurley - 0.16 miles away
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Museum serves as a major recycling center for fabrics
- Volunteers take in tons of fabric annually and create hand-woven rag rugs, which are sold for primary revenue for museum
- Museum is a designated Wisconsin Heritage area and sponsors the Paavo Nurmi Marathon
- Open year-round with free admission, museum is a major repository of documents and artifacts
- Educational opportunities are provided for visitors