Red Cedar State Trail
Snap a selfie with our best views! Find a selfie stand located at the first picnic area along the trail approximately 1.5 miles south of the Menomonie Trailhead and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
The popular Red Cedar State Trail has lured many with its peaceful surroundings for decades. Now the great stressed iron bridge at the south end joins it with the new Chippewa River State Trail forming a continuous route of 37 miles between the cities of Menomonie and Eau Claire; plus a 6.5 mi extension of Chippewa River State Trail past Red Cedar junction SW to Durand. In winter, seven miles of the Red Cedar State Trail are groomed for skiing from Menomonie to Downsville. Snowshoeing is permitted on the ungroomed section from Downsville to the intersection of the Chippewa River State Trail.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Trail Length (miles)
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- A recycling program is in place
- The introduction and spread of invasive species prevented through education and actions
- Leave No Trace principles are promoted
- Shoreline restoration projects protect and enhance the park