Madison Children's Museum
The new Madison Children’s Museum is an award-winning destination for fun family activities and hands-on learning! Visit our inventive city of Possible-opolis for ages 6 and up, and our four-season Rooftop Ramble, with animals and gardens. Kids under 5 have a place of their own in the Wildernest, a global village made with natural, local materials. There’s always something new to do at Madison Children’s Museum, where our mission is to connect children with their family, their community, and the world beyond through discovery learning and creative play. Through July and August Madison Children's Museum is offering daily tours of the 1830's Brand Log Cabin. Come see and learn about a part of Wisconsin's past. Tours last a half hour, leaving plenty of time for free exploration.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Museum/Gallery Type
My Father's Dragon 10/22/2017 Madison - 0.24 miles away
Organist Ken Cowan and Violinist Lisa Shihoten in Recital, Presented by the Madison Symphony Orchestra 10/23/2017 Madison - 0.24 miles away
Inti-Illmani - 50th Anniversary Tour! 10/22/2017 Madison - 0.78 miles away
Native American Artifact Show 10/22/2017 Monticello - 25.38 miles away
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Achieved LEED Gold Certification for an existing building, (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) in 2014
- Developed GreenExhibits.org to educate the entire museum industry on replicable green practices.
- Created Only Local Initiative, a standard created to using only local people, products, and processes in creating the museum.
- Building materials came from within 100 miles of the site, many were reclaimed and recycled products.
- Minimal waste created for exhibit fabrication; reuse leftovers for program and other exhibits.
- Has one of the state’s only green roofs; rain barrels available to collect water for watering plants.
- Very strong educator for environmental stewardship and protection of our natural resources.