Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park
Step back in time and experience the fur trade of 1802! History comes to life at Forts Folle Avoine, where bartering between fur traders and the Ojibwe Indians is portrayed as it actually happened almost 200 years ago! Period-dressed guides conduct walking tours of the reconstructed Fur Trading Posts and the Ojibwe village. This is the only known site in North America where two competing fur trade companies established side-by-side fur trade posts.
Winter season: cross-country skiing & snowshoeing.
Admission: $10 adults, $6 children 6-17, free for children 5 and under, $28 family with 2 children, $8 seniors, students, and military (active and veterans, ID required).
Choose Your List(s)
- On Water
- Disabled Access
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- Museum/Gallery Type
- State Historic Sign Site
- History/Heritage Type
- Wisconsin History
- Native American Heritage
- Trail Length (miles)
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Buildings are designed to incorporate passive solar heating and cooling
- All gourmet dinners, business lunches, and garden teas are served on durable and reusable dinnerware
- Renewable energy is purchased from local utility
- Organization supports the local community by selling local crafts, promoting local businesses, participating in community activities, and providing local information
- A solar hot water heating system is planned on being installed through the assistance of grants
- Shoreline’s natural setting is preserved