Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Heckrodt Wetland Reserve
Heckrodt Wetland Reserve includes 76 acres of forested wetland, wetland meadow, open water and upland field communities. Wheelchair and stroller friendly, this 3+ mile trail system allows access to the wetland without getting wet feet. 5,000 sq. ft. Nature Center includes live and mounted animals, indoor Discovery Den children's play area and bird watching solarium. Outdoor children's adventure area includes tunnels and mounds for climbing and crawling. Monthly public programs and special group programs for a fee.
Choose Your List(s)
- On Water
- Natural Attractions Type
- Wildlife Refuge & Reserves
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- An 11 acre Prairie Meadow and Arboretum project, featuring native plant species, was built on a closed landfill
- A Wildlife Management Area was developed by removing invasive plants and installing native shrubs and habitat structures
- Wetland education programs teach families and children about the preservation and protection of nature
- A recycling program is in place