Olbrich Botanical Gardens & Bolz Conservatory
Olbrich Botanical Gardens, winner of the national Garden of Excellence Award, features 16 acres of outdoor specialty gardens, including a sunken garden with an eighty-foot reflecting pool and a perennial garden with a meandering stream. A two-acre rose garden with a two-story, stone rose tower highlights Midwest-hardy shrub roses. The exotic Thai Pavilion and Garden is the only one in the continental U.S. An accessible tram travels the gardens weekends spring and fall, and daily during summer, for people who need assistance getting around the gardens. The year-round tropical Bolz Conservatory, a sunny 50-foot-high glass pyramid, houses ferns, palms, and flowering plants along with a waterfall, birds, and fish. Visit the gift shop and horticultural library. Attend year-round events, concerts,and classes for children and adults. Guided 60 minute narrated tours for 10-50 people at $3/person, Mon-Fri 10am-3pm. Advance registration required for tours.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Natural Attractions Type
- Shopping Type
- Specialty Shop
People of the Woodlands: Wisconsin Indian Ways 11/06/2009 - 12/31/2019 Madison - 2.8 miles away
Historic Preservation Month & Archaelogy Month 5/01/2017 - 5/31/2017 Madison - 2.94 miles away
Evansville Historic District Walking Tours 5/05/2017 - 9/29/2017 Evansville - 21.58 miles away
South Pacific 4/20/2017 - 6/04/2017 Fort Atkinson - 27.57 miles away
Mostly From My Collection 4/07/2017 - 6/09/2017 Monroe - 36.66 miles away
Wisconsin Regional Arts Exhibit 4/07/2017 - 6/09/2017 Monroe - 37.27 miles away
Branson on the Road Salute to America 5/25/2017 - 5/26/2017 Wisconsin Dells - 40.87 miles away
Beloit Snappers Baseball 4/06/2017 - 9/06/2017 Beloit - 42.09 miles away
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Promotes sustainable gardening pracices for the Midwest through example and education programs
- Staff Green Team tracks projects that have a positive impact on the environment
- Leaves are recycled into mulch for the gardens and public, which is showcased in an educational campaign that promotes the energy-saving benefits of this practice
- Plantings are grouped by water-needs and are watered only as needed.
- Award-winning renovated Garver Cottage maintains historic architecture while applying principles of sustainable design
- Starkwater Creek Watershed and the adjacent Garver property are being rehabilitated and planted.