Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Chippewa Moraine Ice Age State Recreation Area
Park passes are required but are not being sold on-site. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Customer Service Center to purchase passes: 888-305-0398, 8am-3pm daily or with questions: 1-888-936-7463, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
Situated along the Ice Age Trail, visitors enjoy unspoiled beauty with kettle lakes and many glacial features. The interpretive center sits atop a hill that was once a glacial lake bottom. During the winter season the DNR allows skijoring on non-designated cross-country ski trails and anywhere off-trail as long as the property allows dogs.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Campground Type
- Trail Length (miles)
- Number of Campsites
- Publicly Owned
- Nature Trails
- Boat Launch
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Landscape being restored to native prairie
- Field guides, publications, and interpretive signs educate visitors about the area
- Only foot access is allowed on state-owned lands
- Building is designed to incorporate passive solar heating
- A recycling program is in place for staff and visitors