Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Keeper of the Light
Keeper of the Light opened its doors in 1996 on the south shore of Lake Superior in Bayfield, Wisconsin. As Bayfield's premier lighthouse and nautical gift store, we focus on gifts and merchandise featuring the eight historic Apostle Islands lighthouses. Our on-line store presents a sampling of what we offer at our physical location. Call us for assistance if you've seen it at our store but can't find it on our web site. Keeper of the Light sponsors the Annual Apostle Islands Lighthouse Celebration in September. The Celebration features a variety of daily cruising schedules that take lighthouse aficionados to see or tour what is perhaps the best maintained group of lightstations in the United States. Small dogs, being carried are allowed in our store.
Choose Your List(s)
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Shopping Type
- Specialty Shop
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Local crafts, products, and food are purchased
- Business supports the community by providing information, promoting local businesses, and participating in organizations
- Existing light bulbs are being replaced with more efficient compact fluorescents
- Non-toxic biodegradable cleaning products are used
- Use of plastic bags is being minimized and cardboard boxes and packing peanuts are reused