Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Aztalan State Park
Park passes are required but are not being sold on-site. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Customer Service Center to purchase passes: 888-305-0398, 8am-3pm daily or with questions: 1-888-936-7463, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
Wisconsin's most important archaeological site! The site was designated a National Landmark in 1964 and listed in the National Registry of Historic Places. The park showcases an ancient middle-mississippian village and ceremonial complex that thrived between 1000-1300 A.D. The park is mostly open prairie with 38 of its 172 acres in oak woods. Northern pike, catfish, and walleye are caught in the Crawfish River, which is also used for boating and canoeing.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- On Water
- History/Heritage Type
- Wisconsin History
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- State Historic Sign Site
- Trail Length (miles)
- Fish Type
- Northern Pike
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Restoration projects include shoreline stabilization, grassland restoration and prairie/oak savanna restorations
- Leave No Trace principles are promoted to visitors
- Recycled plastic lumber is used
- Visitors are educated by interpretive signs and publications providing info on native plants & wildlife