Governor Nelson State Park
A beautiful year round day-use State Park located on Lake Mendota where recreation and nature mingle within sight of the State Capitol. Effigy mounds can be seen on the Woodland Trail. Enjoy lakeshore picnic areas, sandy swimming beaches (No lifeguard on beach), bird watching, or ease into country solitude. Winter activities include cross country ski trails, snowshoeing, and ice fishing. Call park for pet rules or for shelter reservations. 4 stall boat landing. Has adaptive equipment available for people with mobility impairment including sit skis for cross country skiing.
Choose Your List(s)
- On Water
- Disabled Access
- Boating Services Available
- Fish Type
- Blue Gill
- Coho Salmon
- Lake Trout
- Northern Pike
- Rainbow Trout
- Smallmouth Bass
- Trail Length (miles)
- Fishing style
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Adaptive Equipment Available
Wheelhouse 10/19/2017 Stoughton - 25.67 miles away
Oshkosh Community Players presents War of the Worlds 10/19/2017 - 10/21/2017 Oshkosh - 78.19 miles away
Printmakers' Exhibit 10/19/2017 - 11/26/2017 Cedarburg - 80.9 miles away
Meet the Producer Dinner 5/11/2017 Malone - 82.08 miles away
Ladies Nite Out 10/19/2017 Sheboygan Falls - 96.77 miles away
Kohler Food & Wine Experience 10/19/2017 - 10/22/2017 Kohler - 98.53 miles away
Kohler Food & Wine Experience 10/19/2017 - 10/22/2017 Kohler - 98.55 miles away
Kohler Food & Wine Experience 10/19/2017 - 10/22/2017 Kohler - 98.66 miles away
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Literature is printed on recycled paper.
- Replaced lighting with compact fluorescents.
- Self-guided, woodland trail brochure has a return box for reuse.
- Invasive species control is included in landscape restoration practices.
- Domestic hot water heating system is solar.
- Plastic dog waste bags were eliminated and replaced with biodegradable dog waste bags