Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Kettle Moraine State Forest - Northern Unit
Show off your selfie skills! Find a selfie stand located south of Mauthe Lake on the Tamarack Trail and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
Explore and enjoy 30,000 acres of rolling hills, lakes, forests, and grasslands that were given to us 15,000 years ago during the Ice Age, when our area lay under the grip of colossal ice sheets. Summer provides picturesque horseback riding, camping, bicycling, hiking, and fishing. Fall in love with the colors as you meander through our winding roads during the autumn season. Winter provides excellent opportunities for skiing, snowmobiling, and tubing. Then watch as the forest comes alive during the spring season.
Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off-limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Surface Type
- Crushed Rock
- Campground Type
- Boat Launch
- Number of Campsites
- Nature Trails
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Camping Hook-ups
- Publicly Owned
- Trail Length (miles)
- Dumping Station
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Provide reusable goods, such as hand soap; purchase in bulk.
- Sets lighting to timed/motion sensors.
- Use low-flow water fixtures.
- Support local businesses; use local caterers who obtain their food from local suppliers.
- Converting existing agricultural fields, planting native prairie and tree species.
- Use reclaimed water to spray hay field.