Kettle Moraine State Forest - Northern Unit
Snap a selfie with our best views! Find a selfie stand located south of Mauthe Lake on the Tamarack Trail and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
Explore and enjoy 30,000 acres of rolling hills, lakes, forests, and grasslands that were given to us 15,000 years ago during the Ice Age, when our area lay under the grip of colossal ice sheets. Summer provides picturesque horseback riding, camping, bicycling, hiking, and fishing. Fall in love with the colors as you meander through our winding roads during the autumn season. Winter provides excellent opportunities for skiing, snowmobiling, and tubing. Then watch as the forest comes alive during the spring season.
Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off-limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Publicly Owned
- Campground Type
- Nature Trails
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Trail Length (miles)
- Boat Launch
- Camping Hook-ups
- Surface Type
- Crushed Rock
- Number of Campsites
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Dumping Station
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Provide reusable goods, such as hand soap; purchase in bulk.
- Sets lighting to timed/motion sensors.
- Use low-flow water fixtures.
- Support local businesses; use local caterers who obtain their food from local suppliers.
- Converting existing agricultural fields, planting native prairie and tree species.
- Use reclaimed water to spray hay field.