Kettle Moraine State Forest - Southern Unit
More than 22,000 acres of glacial hills and lakes close to Milwaukee make this a very popular recreation area. Visitors can camp in one of three family campgrounds. There is also a cabin for people with disabilities.
Stop by the park headquarters in Eagle for trail maps and interpretive displays.The Southern Unit extends from Dousman to near Whitewater.
Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Camping Hook-ups
- Boat Launch
- Dumping Station
- Trail Length (miles)
- Campground Type
- Nature Trails
- Publicly Owned
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Use recycled resin lumber to construct benches and signs throughout the property.
- Use refillable soap dispensers, purchase products in reusable containers and bulk.
- Use Energy Star qualified lighting, replace exit signs with LED exit signs.
- Use non-toxic cleaning supplies.
- Purchase or sell local crafts, such as walking sticks, beeswax candles and prairie seed.