Natural Bridge State Park
Day-use park with a breathtaking natural sandstone arch created by the eroding effects of wind and water. Natural Bridge and Rockshelter State Natural Area is located within Natural Bridge State Park. Natural Bridge and Rockshelter contains the largest natural bridge known in Wisconsin, created by wind erosion and weathering of the sandstone. The arch measures 25 feet in width and 15 feet in height on its inside dimensions. The top is 35 feet above ground level. At the base of the sandstone bridge is a rockshelter 60 feet wide and 30 feet deep. A partial excavation at the site revealed Woodfordian and Archaic inhabitant artifacts with earliest estimates of human occupation between 9000 and 8000 B.C.
Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Trail Length (miles)
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Speaks publicly on environmental improvement projects.
- Low-flow water fixtures are in place.
- Offer bicycles for use or rental.
- Purchases reusable and durable products; purchase in bulk.
- Allow the use of facility for community events
- Participate in Clean Boats, Clean Waters program.