Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
New Glarus Woods State Park
Park passes are required but are not being sold on-site. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Customer Service Center to purchase passes: 888-305-0398, 8am-3pm daily or with questions: 1-888-936-7463, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
Located close to the Sugar River State Trail, you'll find wooded campsites in quiet solitude. New Glarus Woods has 20 drive-in campsites in the Lead Road Circle campground for recreational vehicle (RV), pop-up or tent camping, and 14 walk-in sites for tent camping, which are located 50 to 1,000 feet along a paved trail from the parking area. Six group sites are available for groups of up to 25 persons. Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Disabled Access
- Campground Type
- Group Sites
- Publicly Owned
- Number of Campsites
- Trail Length (miles)
- Surface Type
- Crushed Rock
- Nature Trails
- Camping Hook-ups
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Over 80 acres of native prairie have been restored and over 10,500 trees have been replanted to restore woodlands
- The introduction and transportation of invasive species are prevented through education and actions
- Leave No Trace principles are promoted
- All light bulbs have been replaced with more efficient compact fluorescents
- A recycling program is in place