Information may be out of date due to COVID-19. Please call the phone number listed below to confirm details.
Perrot State Park
Show off your selfie skills! Find a selfie stand located on the boardwalk overlooking Trempealeau Bay near the Black Walnut Trail and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
Perrot (Pear-oh) has the best view of the Mississippi anywhere, but you'll have to work to get to it. The river is narrow here, only a half-mile wide and smack up against the bluffs. Yes, bluffs. To cover the long loop you'll have to climb more than 250 feet several times. For an easy roll take the Wilber loop. Nearby are the Great River State Trail, a rail bed route, and the interesting village of Trempealeau. Good food and an excellent series of summer concerts make the Trempealeau Hotel a popular spot. The Army Corps of Engineers lock and dam in town is a great place to watch river barge traffic, and that's no bluff. Has adaptive equipment available for people with mobility impairment including specialized kayaks. Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- On Water
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- State and National Trails
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
- Publicly Owned
- Adaptive Equipment Available
- Camping Hook-ups
- Nature Trails
- Dumping Station
- Trail Length (miles)
- Campground Type
- Boat Launch
- Number of Campsites
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Accommodates local events requiring access to state park facilities, such as run-walk events, bicycle tours, ironman events.
- Purchase in bulk/concentrate and uses reusable goods.
- Use compact fluorescent lighting.
- Replaced appliances with ENERGY STAR qualified products, such as furnace.
- Use low-flow water fixtures.
- Collect rainwater/stormwater on-site.