Perrot State Park
Perrot (Pear-oh) has the best view of the Mississippi anywhere, but you'll have to work to get to it. The river is narrow here, only a half-mile wide and smack up against the bluffs. Yes, bluffs. To cover the long loop you'll have to climb more than 250 feet several times. For an easy roll take the Wilber loop. Nearby are the Great River State Trail, a rail bed route, and the interesting village of Trempealeau. Good food and an excellent series of summer concerts make the Trempealeau Hotel a popular spot. The Army Corps of Engineers lock and dam in town is a great place to watch river barge traffic, and that's no bluff. Has adaptive equipment available for people with mobility impairment including specialized kayaks. Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- On Water
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- State and National Trails
- Showers and Flush Toilets
- Adaptive Equipment Available
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing Trail Type
- Trail Length (miles)
- Dumping Station
- Campground Type
- Publicly Owned
- Nature Trails
- Camping Hook-ups
- Boat Launch
- Number of Campsites
BIKE ME Fun Ride 6/02/2017 - 6/03/2017 Sparta - 32.77 miles away
Concerts In the Park 5/31/2017 - 8/23/2017 Sparta - 32.98 miles away
Ho-Chunk Pow-Wow 5/27/2017 - 5/29/2017 Black River Falls - 36.76 miles away
Memorial Day Flea Market and Craft Show 5/27/2017 - 5/29/2017 Hatfield - 44.93 miles away
Flea Market and Craft Sale 5/13/2017 - 5/14/2017 Hatfield - 45.98 miles away
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
To be certified through Travel Green Wisconsin, all participants must achieve at least 30 points on the Travel Green Wisconsin Checklist. The more points a business attains, the greener they are in their operations.
- Accommodates local events requiring access to state park facilities, such as run-walk events, bicycle tours, ironman events.
- Purchase in bulk/concentrate and uses reusable goods.
- Use compact fluorescent lighting.
- Replaced appliances with ENERGY STAR qualified products, such as furnace.
- Use low-flow water fixtures.
- Collect rainwater/stormwater on-site.