Rib Mountain State Park
Snap a selfie with our best views! Find a selfie stand located in the Lower Picnic Area during summer and fall and stop for a fun photo. Share yours with us on Instagram using #ScenicWisconsin.
This billion-year-old hill is one of the oldest geologic formations on earth. Rib Mountain State Park is a premier day-use facility with picnicking, hiking trails and a reservable amphitheater. The top of the 60-foot observation tower offers spectacular views of the Wausau area and Wisconsin River. Granite Peak Ski Area is on the north face of the mountain and offers downhill skiing and snowboarding during winter. Pets are welcome in Wisconsin State Parks but must be on a leash and under control at all times. Certain areas may be off limits to pets. Visit our website for more details.
Choose Your List(s)
- Disabled Access
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Trail Length (miles)
- Natural Attractions Type
- Parks, Forests, Trails
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Uses geothermal heating.
- Included in route of a half marathon event
- Composting program in place
- Educates customers on and prevents the introduction and transportation of invasive species
- New Walking path up 9% grade road promotes healthy lifestyle
- “Carry in Carry out” program for visitor waste.