Platteville Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center
Our Welcome Center offers hundreds of free local, area and statewide travel guides and maps. We have a friendly knowledgeable staff who offer assistance with travel planning both locally or state wide. Our facility has free Wi-Fi. clean public restrooms and plenty of parking. Take your pet for a walk (on a leash) along the David Canny Rountree Branch Trail behind our building.
Choose Your List(s)
- Free Admission
- Disabled Access
- On Water
- Pets Welcome/Inquire
- Serve General Public
- Staff Assists With Wide Variety of Statewide Travel Planning
- Staff Assists With Local Area Travel Planning
- Brochures Displayed in Racks
- Type of Center
- Statewide Information Center
- Local Information Center
- Welcome Center
- Gateway/Statewide Information Center
- Publication Distribution
- Department of Tourism Pubs
- Variety of Pubs from Key Statewide Destinations
- Local Area Pubs
- Open Hours
- Open a Minimum of 5 Days a Week During Peak Travel Season
- Open Weekend Hours During Peak Travel Season
- At Gateway Entry Point or On/Near a Major Highway
- Easily Accessible from Highway
Travel Green Wisconsin Certified
Certified: (Req. 30 Points)
- Rain barrels used to collect rainwater, used to water flowers/plants.
- Local products for sale, such as cookbooks, Grant County gift boxes,
- Train and evaluate staff on sustainability efforts.
- Signage used to advertise Travel Green Wisconsin status.
- Use reusable goods; purchase goods in bulk.
- Low-flow water fixtures used.
- Use non-toxic cleaning supplies.